Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The black sheep complains by saying, "baaaaaaah"


I am going to try to make this as non-complainy (I know it's not a word, but work with me here) as possible, but if you would like to imagine me saying this with a clogged nose in between uncontrollable sobs, that's your prerogative, and who am I to take that away from you?
It kind of sucks to be the black sheep sometimes. When I am with my family in small groups it works out fine because we can always revert to something that we share in common like church or school, or work, but when there are more people, there is less common ground for group conversations, so without fail, the conversation goes to sports, because that's what everyone likes and of which everyone has a pretty deep knowledge. We watch game after game of which I have no interest and it wains as the hours go on. I try to throw out some line that I may have heard at work or read by mistake in the newspaper, or I will ask some question for which the answer doesn't interest me at all, but I ask to try to be a part of it all.
I did that same thing before I was married with fathers of my dates. They would be watching a game when I went to go pick them up and I would try to remember something that one of my brothers had said about a team and then regurgitate is back, hoping that I wouldn't sound like a total retard.
There is more to it, but at the risk of being a cry baby I will leave it at that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! Your not a black sheep! That is too bad you feel that way! Take a look at my crazy family-- we have NOTHING in common-- not even religion! Somehow we manage to all come together and love eachother for who we are not for someone your not. Keep your chin up!

Kim said...

Jordan, your post is so sad. There is nothing wrong with being different! Your brothers are pretty strong personalities whether you like sports or not. I would not describe you as a black sheep, more like gray.
Love Mom