Saturday, October 3, 2009

Chicks dig scars.... in the 90's

I was thinking about the saying, "Chicks dig scars." I was looking over my hands and feet and was noticing that I have quite a few scars, nothing monstrous, but some definitive marks from childhood falls and such. One time, I closed the door to my family's Volkswagen Rabbit so the edge of the door slid along the inside of my arm taking with it a significant section of flesh. For a while it looked like I had tried to slit my wrists, but has since disappeared almost completely.
I haven't heard the term, "Chicks dig scars" in about ten years which sounds about right, because it's absolutely not true anymore. Chicks may have dug scars back in the 90's, but while those scars are still making you a rugged piece of work, chicks aren't digging you like they once did.

No comments: