Thursday, August 28, 2008

How to have a heart attack in 30 minutes or less

I started school again this week and the lineup is good. I didn't get all of the classes I wanted/needed, but I got enough to still graduate this year and make my life a living hell in the process. I don't want to complain about school (I have covered that in other posts) but I do want to complain about work. I have class from 11:40 - 12:30. That means I have to wake up at an excruciating 10:30, but that's not the point. The point is. I start work at 12:30. So how do I get from my seat at ASU to my seat at work in 0.0 seconds?...... I don't. For about a month now I have been warning my scheduling department that I would need to start work at 1:00 and take a half hour lunch, but when the time came...... nothing. I went to 15 minutes of class and then ran the mile and half back to my car (remember I don't pay for parking because...... I don't enjoy being willfully robbed). Then I speed to work and get there 2 minutes late, which is one minute shy of getting in trouble for being tardy. I get to work drenched in sweat both from my run and from the fear of being late for work. I went to 15 minutes of class for two days until my supervisor basically just yelled at the scheduling department. The scheduling department acted like it was the end of the world and that they were doing me a huge favor and I better not ask for anything else for the next several years, because they just broke their back bending over backwards to accommodate my half an hour exception. So my problem is that sometimes those in power can be real butt-holes about using their power to do anything but make themselves feel more powerful by denying you whatever you request of them. (I know it was a run on sentence; I hope it made sense)
So now I get to go to all of class, but I still just about have a heart attack every single day praying as if it were the apocalypse, that I am not late for work. I guess if I were Peter Positive Thinker, I would say, "I get great exercise running that mile and a half, thanks job!" but I am not Peter Positive Thinker, I am me, and me is pissed. It's hot as hell and I run in shirts and ties most days.
In summary, running in suits and 100 degree weather is not fun, and neither are people who have power and love to remind you of that by denying you whatever they have power to give....... butt-holes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

t's such a great site. fabulous, extraordinarily interesting!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://www.klenner.pl/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,1724/]opony[/url]