Wednesday, July 13, 2011

This May Be Why I Take Breaks

I have had a hard time being consistent in writing in the blog, and that may be because I need a month or two to un-repress some memories to share with you.
The wife is on bed rest, and not the kind of bed rest that means that she can go out and do what she wants, just take it a little bit easier. She is on, get your butt back to bed sort of bed rest.

We are getting immense support from the ward and there is not enough that can be said to adequately express our gratitude to my mom who is making us dinners and to our ward that is baby-sitting Abraham for a few hours each day. Abe doesn't do great with other people. He is used to having one or both of his parents around all the time, so when we try to leave him at my parents' house for example, he flips the crap out. He eventually accepts that we are gone, but needs to be entertained to keep his mind off his missing parents.

The babysitter today has two or three daughters who kept him occupied. Abe seems to really like to be with other kids even if he doesn't play with them directly. When the babysitter said he did well, I incredulously asked, "really?" Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled, just surprised.

Good job buddy.

No comments: