Friday, July 15, 2011

Vacation And Continued Bed Rest

Next week I will be on Vacation and man do I need it. I spend more time in front of a screen than any reasonable human being should. In between writing and work and Netflix to go to bed, chances are if I am not in front of a screen, I am playing with blocks with the man-child.

I am going to go screenless this vacation, bring a book and see if I am still literate. No TV, no phone games, and no computer (sounds boring, but my poor mind and eyes deserve it.) So enjoy the week without me because I know I will.

Although that reminds me, I need to charge the old MP3 player because while going without screens won't be too horrible, if I have to drive without music I am liable to throw the car and everyone in it off an embankment. (That might have been a bit harsh, I will be super bored and/or tired.)

I recently changed my desktop picture on my computer. I had a great picture of Abe smiling and I switched it for a Banksy painting.
I don't like feeling guilty about it, but is there some parental law that states that I must have a picture of my kids on the desktop of my computer? It would certainly seem so as it is the social norm, but no there is no law (probably is one in Alabama). So I changed it, and I will change it again, and again and again when I see awesome art or pictures and if one of those pictures happens to be of my child/children then so be it. I apparently couldn't get away from a family related background though. Even anarchists have moms that love them.

1 comment:

DCUO Cash said...

It is remarkable, very interesting blog.