Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Maybe you can take a picture of this

Okay.... I am shallow (really really shallow), or at least that is what I think of myself sometimes. I have a moral dilemma with my blog that I just can't get over. I want as many people to read my blog as humanly possible, but I don't want to be self important or ..... (can't think of the word..... oh ya....) a total douche.
To get people to read my blog I even thought about going to every blog I could and commenting on their post, eventually leading them to read my blog in return. I am embarrassed to admit, I actually did this, but I didn't get to the comment part, because I couldn't think of anything to post on some random newlywed mother's blog about her baby's spit-up. (That's not exactly the kind of reader that would find entertainment from my blog, or that I would want reading my blog anyway (see.... I told you, that sounds totally self rightious, as if I would negate some person the "great honor" of reading this piece of garbage). The other very common blog that I couldn't comment on is nothing but pictures. I have no idea what to say because they are just pictures. So many people think they are photographers (just like so many people think they are writers........ oh wait..... (sigh in realization of failure).
I am my own worst enemy for promotion. I don't tell anyone that I have a blog because popular culture has made me ashamed that I have a blog. The Twix commercial see below:

This makes me embarrassed that I have a blog. I am not a political review. I don't pretend that I will make a difference or get upset about things that I couldn't possibly understand, being so removed. I just want to entertain, I guess myself, if nothing else. So, what I am trying to say, is that I want as many people as possible see my shame in all its glory. I hate that I blog, but if you want to read it, that would be awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That twix commercial had me dying laughing--if only because my boyfriend looked at my knowingly when they started talking about blogs.