Wednesday, October 29, 2008

This is why I am Jordan and you're an idiot (not you...him)

I have a huge problem with procrastination, confrontation and being overwhelmed. So my thought process goes something like this: "I really don't want to check that message because it's probably something bad.... I really need to check that message, but I will do it later.... now I have 10 messages and I don't want to check them because it is overwhelming and I can't deal with it right now." Ya, that's how screwed up I am.
So I wrote down a list of the 23 things that I needed to get done today and tomorrow and writing a post was one of them. It's my syndrome of not writing for a long time after I write a long post.
Today will be quick, I want to talk about something that happens at work.
People generally don't recognize that their phones have terrible quality and they expect me to hear them as well as I would as if I were in the same room at them, but the problem is, most people don't have a phone that makes them sound any clearer than I would hear someone under water and they refuse to aknowledge it. I love military people because when I need something spelled out it is, "alpha, bravo, Charlie, delta, and so on." Phonetics seem to be easy, but there are people that just don't get it. I was taking a VIN from a customer who gave me the letters phonetically, but like this.
A like Airy
B like Berry
C like Carry
D like Dairy
E like Erie
F like Fairy
G like Gary
H like Harry
I like Eye
J like Jerry
K like Kerry
L like Larry
M like Mary
N like Nearly
O like Oh
P like Perry
Q like Query
R like Rarely
S like Scary
T like Terry
U like You
V like Very
W like Weary
X like Christmas
Z like Sleeping

...... yup....this really happened (not all in one phone call, but it has happened)

This is the point in the post in which I would make jokes about how stupid people are, but do I really need to? (insert jokes here) I am not going to insult anyone's intelligence by actually explaining why this is hilarious. If you have any questions, read it out loud, and then shoot yourself in the face

No comments: