Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hope and yet another rejection

Fidelity continues to reject my petitions for employment as an Investment Sales and Service person. There is a silver lining in that Fidelity has multiple entry level positions and I haven't heard back on any location for the other one. If I don't hear back by the end of this week they are basically saying that they are not even interested enough to bother with a rejection letter. I figure I can thin my hair a little this week under that stress.

My current employer contacted me about a position for which I had applied. I have an initial interview today to go over experience and qualifications. It won't be the ridiculous, "Think of a time in which you were rock climbing and had to help a team member with a drug or alcohol addiction" questions. I can't lie during this interview and say that all my metrics are 110%, but I do have enough teaching and management experience to be a contender.

Last night, before I fell asleep, my mind was wandering and I realized that my church callings have way better work experience than most of my jobs do. I have prepared and taught Gospel Principles lessons for almost a decade. I have managed missionaries, filled out expense reports, and filed weekly accounts receivable reports (tithing/fast offerings). After I managed to fall asleep, I had nothing but nightmares.

The interview could have gone better. I had a hard time relating my answers to the position for which I was applying. They asked me questions about dealing with conflict and I should have tried to think of an answer that was more people focused and less sales focused. I should get my rejection soon.

No comments: