Friday, October 4, 2013

Rejected but not dejected

"I wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to interview with the hiring team this week. The team has decided to interview additional candidates before making final hiring decisions."

I received this message today. 

The message sat in my e-mail for about an hour before I opened it up to find the above message. I received the e-mail and just looked at it for a while. I knew that my answer was in there, so, of course, I was paralyzed by it. 

I feel almost relieved at the pseudo rejection because I didn't really want to live in CO and I doubt I would have accepted the job anyway, but rejection hurts no matter what. Maybe it should hurt more from a company that I would have rejected anyway. The ugly girl in class just said she wouldn't go on a date with me. How unappealing am I? I really thought the interview went well, but apparently not as well as I understood. I can try to console myself by saying that I wasn't interested anyway, but that only takes away some of the sting of rejection.

No comments: